Presenting our plan for 10 days in Tokyo (and around) minus two days of the flights.
About the bars – Those are metal bars only.
One should pay attention to the hotel rooms. Even with an expensive hotel, the rooms are ridiculously small, so if this is an issue for you, try to search for “American hotels”, they should provide a human size room.
Note that I do not extend about each location, please google it, enough information is on the internet, the purpose of this list is to help with planning and give ideas.
The “sleep” pauses are because I like to split the day into two, and have a one hour sleep at the hotel, wake up fresh for the rest of the day. Really recommended, it makes your trip feels twice longer.
Following the daily list, a list ordered by areas, this list helped us to prepare the day list, so we will not run across the city. It is a huge city.
Day 1 – Shinjuku
- Skyscraper District Restaurants: Hours vary but are typically from 11:00 to 23:00. The area west of Shinjuku Station is home to a large number of skyscrapers including the
- Tokyo Metropolitan + Government Building – Best view on the city, great to understand on the first day what you are standing against. Several of the skyscrapers have shops and restaurants on their ground floors and additional restaurants with great views of the city on their top floors.
- Shinjuku Gyoen – Also visit the largest and most popular park
- 100 yen shops
- Omoide Yokocho Restaurants: Typically from 17:00 to 24:00 (some are open for lunch) (lit. memory lane), also known under its more colorful nickname Piss Alley.
- robot restaurant
- Kabukicho Restaurants
- Red lights district – Golden gay – Bars:
- ANTIKNOCK – live music
- FROM DUSK TILL DAWN
- BAR PSY – Best metal bar.
- TAKADANOBABA CLUB PHASE (NORTHER)
Day 2 – Harajuku
- Yoyogi Park
- meiji (明治神宮, Meiji Jingū)
- Daiso Harajuku – 100 Yen Shop Hours: 10:00 to 21:00
- Oriental Bazaar Hours: 10:00 to 19:00 Closed: Thursdays
- Kiddy Land Hours: 11:00 to 21:00
- Takeshita Dori
- Nakano Broadway
- New Rock corner Suginami
- The Terrace
Day 3 – Shibuya
- kaway monster cafe
- Big famous cross – watch from Starbucks
- Pokemon cafe
- Center Gai
- Spain Slope
- Shibuya 109
- Shibuya Mark City
- Koen Dori
- Yebisu garden – Lights
- ROCKNOCOCORO – BAR
- Rock Bar CHACK
Day 4 – China Town!
- Yokohama – see the end of the area where the harbor is.
- Sony building
- Drink Roppongi
Day 5 – Center
- Imperial palace – Check opening months
- yasukuni shrine
- Don Quijote
- Yamada Denki–
- Otaku Goods
- Dom lights
Day 6 – North
- Ueno park
- National museum
- National science museum
- Ameyoko street
- Sugamo (?)
- Free time
Day 7 – North / Odaiba
- Senso ji
- Nakamise street
- Water bus to odaiba
- The port area
- Venus Fort is a shopping mall in the style of a 18th century South European town – Really recommended!
- Telecom Center Observation Deck:
- Oedo Onsen Monogatari – is a hot spring theme park
- science emerging museum
- Rainbow bridge – Only after dark!
Day 8 – Mt. Fugi all transport tour
100 yen shops
Tokyo Imperial Palace
Jimbocho Book Town
Yasukuni Shrine- war memorial
Tsukishima (月島, lit. moon island)
Koishikawa Botanical Garden (小石川植物園, Koishikawa Shokubutsuen)
Ginza Wako Shops
Night: Tokyo Dome City Winter Illumination
Roppongi – Also night life
Tokyo Midtown is a city within the city in the center of Tokyo‘s Roppongi district
Zojoji Temple (増上寺, Zōjōji)
Senso Ji next to Tokyo Tower
The port area
Venus Fort – Very recommended!
Telecom Center Observation Deck
Oedo Onsen Monogatari is a hot spring theme park
Science emerging museum – A bit childish.
Shibuya: Great and fascinating shopping / viewing area.
Shibuya Mark City
Love Hotel Hill
kaway monster cafe- shibuya-
meiji (明治神宮, Meiji Jingū)
Rock Bar CHACK
Nakano Broadway (中野ブロードウェイ)
Shinjuku Gyoen 新宿御苑
Shinjuku Skyscraper District Restaurants:
Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building
Kabukicho, Japan’s largest red light district,
FROM DUSK TILL DAWN
TAKADANOBABA CLUB PHASE (NORTHER)
Rock bar mother
Nakamise Shopping Street
Shin-Nakamise Shopping Street
Ameyoko (アメ横)Ueno Park (上野公園, Ueno Kōen)
Tokyo National Museum
National Museum for Western Art
Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum
National Science Museum
Sugamo (巣鴨)–Jizo Dori shopping street
The Center of the Tokyo Raid and War Damages